As the holidays approach and the season of giving is upon us, it is inevitable that some of us will find ourselves in our living rooms the day before a big holiday party with gifts to wrap. Some of us will be wandering the malls and browsing online for those last minute things that we can have rush shipped for the people we love and for whom we want a little extra something. Sarongs can solve all of these last minute problems.
If you have a stash of sarongs on hand, you will always have wrapping paper, bows, and a last-minute gift. You may have collected the obligatory Christmas red and green, a festive gold or silver for all holidays, or any variety of colors you have collected from the year past. A sarong used as wrapping paper is a soft and delicate way to top off any gift. Not only does your loved one get a beautiful gift, but they can keep the “wrapping paper” as a gift as well. Even if you want the traditional wrapping paper, try a small sarong as a pretty bow. Make your gift stand out in a crowd.
Even if you don’t have a gift to wrap, use the sarong as a gift in itself. This can work for anyone you have left on your list. For that last-minute, wonderful gift, give a sarong and top it off with a few ideas of how to use it. You can make your own book of ways to tie a sarong or just relay your ideas in person.
As always, sarongs can jazz up your holiday party as well. Transform those old Halloween and fall decorations into Christmas, Hanukkah, or whatever holiday you celebrate. Whether you are the host for the holidays, or just want to decorate for yourself, have fun with it and the results will show.
A hotel sarong laid out on a bed with a welcome card.
If you own or manage a hotel, what sets you apart from your competitors? Why would someone choose to stay at your hotel versus the hotel down the street?
A custom sarong using your brand logo or text
is a fabulous way to leave a great impression on your guests. It's something unique, clever, quirky, and fun. For many, sarongs are not a typical household item. By having guests leave your hotel with a custom sarong, you are essentially opening up their eyes to a new product they never knew could provide so much value. A hotel can use a custom branded sarong or pareo in the following ways:
- A complementary sarong:
A sarong is a perfect welcome gift for your guests. It could be rolled up and placed somewhere in the room, or laid out on the foot of the bed. It's a beautiful touch that makes a great first impression.
- A gift shop sarong:
Hang your hotel sarong in the gift shop and market it as a souvenir. The gift shop gets tons of traffic and if you're located near the beach, guests are always looking for custom made products. This is a great way to increase sales and add another product that guests can enjoy.
- A pool sarong: Have two baskets next to the pool - one for regular towels, and another for your hotel sarong! Some prefer towels, some prefer sarongs, and some prefer both! Each item has it's pros and cons, but why not give your guest a choice? Hotel sarongs give guests the option to use the sarong however they see fit. From sunbathing to keeping the sun away, there are many uses. This is also a great addition if you have large pool party events. Many guests will end up partying with them, wearing them around their back, and incorporating them into pictures.
- VIP or large group sarong:
If you don't feel like offering sarongs to all your guests, you can limit them to a few. If you have a large group for a special event or VIP rooms or areas, then providing them with a unique product with your name on it will only add to that exclusivity. A fun way to promote your brand for a select few.
- Spa Room or Massage Room Sarong:
A spa and massage room is in almost every hotel nowadays. If you could incorporate the use of a custom sarong some where within that process it will add to the guest's value-added experience.
Whenever I stay at a hotel, I always remember the experience
. Of all the hotels I've stayed in, the ones that stand out the most are the hotels that provide me with something unique and different
. Custom Sarongs
provides custom made sarongs and pareos for hotels all over the world. You do not necessarily have to be by the beach or water. Every hotel is different and unique, we can customize a custom sarong to fit your needs. We are currently seeking to create custom pareos for hotels in Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Miami, Orlando, New York, Ibiza, Spain, France, Italy, Chile, Argentina, Hawaii, and Brazil.
We have an in-house graphic designer to help you design your custom sarong if needed.
Please contact us today
for an instant quote!
A hotel sarong can be used on the lounge chairs.
Typical towel versus a tie-dye sarong
From our balcony at the hostel.
A sarong or pareo is a must have for any hostel. This past weekend, Custom Sarongs visited the beautiful colonial town of Guanajuato in the hills of Central Mexico. The city was the birthplace of Mexico's Independence and extremely rich in culture, architecture, and natural beauty. Guanajuato and San Miguel de Allende have to be hands down, two of the most beautiful, tranquil, and relaxing cities I have ever visited.
We stayed at a wonderful hostel called "Casa de Dante
." One thing that struck me were the flags hanging inside and outside the hostel. The hostel had a flag hanging for the country of each guest that was staying there. I thought this was extremely unique and it was a really nice touch. (It also let me know who was staying in the hostel at the time).While staying at the hostel we used our sarong a variety of different ways:
Other ways a hostel could benefit from a sarong:
- As a towel or blanket sarong - It got cold at night, so we used the sarong as a cover-up and as an additional blanket to keep us warm. We ran out of towels in the room, so the sarong came in handy when all the towels were wet and on the floor.
- As a scarf sarong - One day we were walking around the city and it got a bit chilly. With no jacket or sweater on hand we resorted to the sarong to keep us warm for the walk back to the hostel.
- As a memorable flag/photoshoot sarong - We developed a close relationship with Dante's mother during our stay. After checking out, we all decided to take a photo with the California Sarong in front of the hostel.
- Gift Sarong - A hostel with a logo or design could create their own sarong and sell it to their guests. Many hostels have their own customized shirt or shot glass.
- Guest Room Sarong - A hostel could use a custom sarong as a towel, wall-hanging, or cover-up for the bed. With their own logo or design, it could really give a shared dorm room some color and make them stand apart from all the other hostels.
- Flag Sarongs - People from all over the world visit hostels. By having their own flag sarong, they would be very interested in buying one and using it for the rest of their travels.
A photo with Dante and his mom.
Yet again our sarong came in handy during our trip in Central Mexico. A sarong is a definite must have
I believe the greatest benefit of a sarong is that you can give it to another traveler or person you connect with while traveling. It is an very generous gesture, and you really make an impact on someone else's travel experience.
How often is it that you come across rude, annoying, loud travelers? They're everywhere!!! How often do you meet someone where you have deep, long, and interesting conversations? Where you see them every day, build a relationship, and feel as if you've known them all your life? Where you live in their shoes for five days and experience what life is like in a different country/language? A relationship like that is priceless
, and gifting a sarong for them to remember you is something very special.
It's amazing what five days abroad can do to one's mindset. Get a travel sarong